Monday, October 01, 2007

And then they fell asleep...

Have you had the experience of seeing someone doze off to sleep when you are giving a talk or someone smirking (the way in which you cannot figure whether they like it or they are just suppressing their laughter) when you are singing? I have and let me tell you, it does not feel good. As soon as I spot someone with drooping eyelids or necks - I know I am doing a bad job. I know they no longer find my talk interesting or the song entertaining. I used to brood about these incidents for long, long after.

But things changed after our daughter entered our lives. The other day I was talking to Giri about my research and she dozed off happily listening to me - that made me very happy!!! Now whenever I sing a lullaby, I expect her to smile and whenever I talk for long, I pray that she sleeps (Well she is 6 months now and quite a handful, I want some time-off :).

Just the other day I was thinking how ironic this is - earlier I wouldn't want anyone sleeping during my lectures and now I want my daughter to sleep when I lecture (Giri). :-)

Well, things definitely change after a baby, don't they?

2 comments:

Solarflare said...

there are no smileys here like in yahoo... or you would see..

:) :))

కొత్త పాళీ said...

They certainly do.
Welcome to Telugu blog world