Thursday, June 28, 2007

Telugu inscript's secret.

There is this secret about Telugu inscript I am going to let you in on..Why do you think I am typing this one in English? Especially when the topic is about Telugu inscript? Here is why.


First, my left little finger hurts bad. A rather longish post (so my fingers thought) in Telugu and frequent use of left SHIFT button put an unduly high amount on stress on the pinky.

I started using Windows inscript as an alternative to the Phonetic tool a few days ago. The challenge of learning Telugu type-writing was enough to set me up on this path to mastery. Mastery is tough to come by, I have to rough it out further, I know, but the pain seems to be an easy visitor. My finger hurts bad. It reminds me of my Pac-man craze days.

Second, learning inscript is a one way street, there is no turning back! More than 90% into my longish Telugu post, I wanted to call it quits briefly, wanted to type smoothly in Phonetic tool to get the post out of my way; I can start my mastery quest later. And that's when I realized that my fingers' ability to type Taip for type disappeared. I was hitting 'X' whenever I wanted a 'O', sunna. (You have to see the Telugu keyboard layout to get this!)

The way forward is now as plain to me as my pain in the pinky. If I fall back on the phonetic tool, I will have to go through some serious unlearning, frustratingly high amount of back-spacing accompanied by an ego-bruising thought that I gave up on the Inscript challenge. If I don't, then I'll learn Telugu typing manasaa-vaacaa-karmaNaa, forget all about phonetic tool, pain the pinky more and be happy with myself.


I want to be happy with myself.

3 comments:

rākeśvara said...

మీరు వ్రాసింది నాకు మొత్తం అర్థం కాలేదు గాని.

నేను inscript వీరాభిమానిని,
http://andam.blogspot.com/2007/06/inscript.html

కాబట్టి మీకు కొన్ని ప్రోత్సహించే పలుకులు పలుకుతాను.

తెలుగు కు ఆంగ్లం కంటే ఎక్కువ అక్షరాలు వున్నాయి.
కాబట్టి షిఫ్టు వాడక తప్పదు. ఆర్ టి ఎస్ వాడినా ఆ బాధ తప్పదు. దేశలిపిలో తక్కువ వొత్తులు పడతాయి కాబట్టి (inscript uses less strokes)
దీని లో నే బాధ తక్కువ.

మీ పింకీ విషయానికి వస్తే, కొద్దిగా కసరత్తు చేయండి.
కొన్ని రోజుల తరువాత ఎలాగూ కీ బోర్డుల బదులు వాడకులకు సానుకూలమైన కొత్త పరికరాలు వస్తాయి.

జై దేశలిపిలో రాయడం !

మన్యవ said...

hi, i put a tool to learn inscript in my domain http://telugupratibha.org/palaka

See if it helps you. So far I put 3 lessons. After 10th july I will prepare rest of the exercises.

రవి వైజాసత్య said...

మీ బాధ నాకర్ధమయ్యింది. రకరకాల ఆపరేటింగు సిస్టింలు ఉపయోగిస్తూ రకరకాల లేఅవుట్లు ఉపయోగించడం వళ్ళ లర్నింగులు..అన్ లర్నింగులు..రీలర్నింగులతో ఈ షటిల్ బతుకుతో అన్నీ వచ్చు...ఏదీ రాదు అన్నట్టయ్యింది నా పరిస్థితి. పద్మ కనిపించకపోతే ఈ పాటికి ఇన్‌స్క్రిప్టులో ప్రావీణ్యం వచ్చేసేదే కానీ పద్మలేకపోతే మేక్‌లో ఎలా పని చెయ్యడం.